BEE Bulletins

Announcement

Picture of Terry Rankin
Announcement
by Terry Rankin - Friday, 23 November 2018, 9:10 AM

It is with mixed emotions that I send this message from our Superintendent to our Sidney School Community:

Good afternoon all Saanich School District staff:

Due to an announced retirement for the end of December 2018 it became necessary to make some changes to our school administrative team.  At a special in-camera Board meeting last night the following two assignment changes were confirmed.

It is with great pleasure that I announce the following administrative changes effective Jan 1, 2019:

Lochside Elementary School - Principal

Principal – Mr. Tom Vickers has been assigned as Principal to Lochside Elementary School.  He is currently at Sidney Elementary School where he has been Principal for the past 7 years.

Sidney Elementary School - Principal

Principal – Ms. Jennifer Batallas  has been assigned to the school as Principal.  Jennifer has been at SIDES (South Island Distance Education School) for the past few years in the role of Vice-Principal and before that was Vice-Principal at Prospect Lake Elementary.

I am incredibly sad that I will be leaving the staff, students and parents/guardians that I have worked with so closely over the past seven years. The relationships I have made will always be cherished and never forgotten. I look forward to my new opportunity at Lochside Elementary but hope to stay connected with our Sidney School Community.

With appreciation,

Tom Vickers